Image Map

Sunday 23 February 2014

NARS SHEER GLOW UPDATE/REVIEW

Hi everyone, i have an updated review on Nars sheer glow foundation today. If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know when i first got this foundation i hated it. I really didn't see what all the hype was about. However after having a longer time to get used to the foundation, i'm really starting to like it. 



PACKAGING: The packaging like all the Nars products is super simple yet looks sleek and in a way expensive. I love the glass bottle with the famous Nars logo on the side. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't come with a pump -unless you want to spend an extra £3.

COLOUR: My colour is 'Deauville' The forth lightest colour out of the 20 shades available -which i think is a great variety. My shade is quite yellow based/toned. However it does a good job of counter acting the redness in my skin. After ive finished my makeup (applied bronzer and blush ect) the colour looks perfectly fine.

TEXTURE: If you own this foundation you'll probably know that the coverage isn't really 'sheer' like the name would suggest, but to me i like the coverage as you can create a light weight sheer base or a light weight base with a higher coverage which can cover any imperfections and blemishes- which i love! However the full coverage still leaves my skin looking natural and fresh! The texture is a thick creamy liquid which dries to a powder when applied, yet leaves my skin looking dewy without looking greasy.

MY THOUGHTS: Compared to previously my thoughts have changed on this foundation. I'm still not in love with it, but i defiantly like it a lot. The finish -which i think was the reason i didn't like it before is completely different to my usual matte base, its a more of a satin/powder finish. The lasting power of this foundation is alright. It seems to separate on me throughout the day- although i found out that you have to shake the bottle as it is water based. Since doing so it has helped with it staying put and looking better throughout the day. I love this foundation as although it provides a good coverage, it looks very natural as some of my imperfections are partly noticeable (unless you use more foundation/concealer for a higher coverage). Overall i do really like it, and think now ive got used to it, i defiantly like it more. I do think if you want to try it out, get a tester as its quite pricey (£30.50)

Thankyou for reading my blog, be sure to follow on bloglovin and GFC, leave any comments or questions below!

16 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for a new foundation! Maybe I'll get a tester first x

    lizwills.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much controversy over this foundation- some love it, others hate it. It's a bit pricey so I'm passing for now!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! I know it is quite expensive, and you definitely need the pump (I think it is very cheeky of them to expect people to pay extra for a pump!), but I love the coverage it gives without looking at all heavy. I'm glad it has grown on you, it would have been such a waste of money if you hated it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw yay I'm glad you like it now Lauren! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, i totally agree. My mum would have had a fit if i hated it forever! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe go to the Nars counter and get a tester? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicola Jayne Robinson23 February 2014 at 13:04

    The lack of pump drives me mad with Nars foundations :)

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Nicola, I wish they included a pump! Still, it sounds pretty nice :) It's funny how our opinions can change....even after we've post negative reviews haha

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Least you have started to like this a bit! I am yet to try this, but I do like a matte finish so I'm very wary. I always think its good to go back and try products you didn't like first time, I've done this so many times and ended up liking products I hated! What are we like haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. helen at thelovecatsinc24 February 2014 at 13:58

    i adore this foundation! i use it several times a week :) great review

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to try this, I do prefer more of a matte finish though. The lack of pump may also stress me out! Haha. x

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for an honest review! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really want to try this, seems brilliant!

    Lola xox | ❤ My Blog ❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. As if it's not bad enough you have to pay for the pump, they never ever have them in stock anywhere! I had a sample and actually really liked this foundation but refuse to buy it until I can buy a pump at the same time :) xx

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think my sheer glow matches my skin color well, which is usually hard to find, but I'm pretty sure this foundation broke me out! After wearing it, I had a million little bumps on my face! At least you have begin to like it more though.


    Jen xx
    http://jentea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete